BIRTHDAY GREETINGS TO CHARLEAN OLUWOLE
Big congratulations to Charlean Gbenga Oluwole Ogedengbe (Oges) now known as Gbenga David-Oluwole from SCOBA's Central Executive Council.
He was born on February 21, 1961 to Pa Gabriel Omobolaji Ogedengbe of Ilesa and Mama Comfort Bosede Ogedengbe of Imesi-Ile in Osun State (Both Papa & Mama are late). Interestingly, he changed his name about 15yrs ago. Yet it has not made much impact because all his friends and associates in his formative/adult life transcending about 45yrs still know and refer to him by his former name.
- HE started his education at Methodist Primary School Ekotedo Ibadan from 1969 to 1973;
- While at the primary school, he held the post of Time keeper in his final year which was a post of high importance then because of the diligence and responsibility required.
- Proceeded to St. Charles' Grammar School Osogbo, from 1973 -1978;
- Oyo State College of Arts and Science (OSCAS) 1978-1979 (was amongst the 1st set of students to be admitted).
- Olivet Baptist High School Oyo from 1979-1981 HSC/ A -LEVEL
- University of Lagos Akoka. From 1981-1984; (graduated with B.Sc (Hons) in Business Administration).
- NYSC From 1984-1985 (served in Kokori town in Ethiope Local Government in the old Bendel State).
- Lagos State University 2002-2003 (MSc. in Economics);
It is worthy of note that getting admitted into Saint' Charles' Grammar School in those days was a tough one especially if you were not from St. Claire's Primary and other Catholic primary Schools that had privileged admission.
Otherwise, you must be very good before being considered.
While at St. Charles', he was actively involved in sports such as Table tennis, Badminton, volleyball, Long jump and High jump. Uniquely, his paid/Salary working career was less than 12months - around his early years (1985/86) before delving into business/ entrepreneurship. Those were his days at:
1. Top Tutors Ilupeju Lagos.
2. Unicorn Oils and Chemical Ltd Victoria Island Island.
Sometime in 1992, he worked briefly as Contract Executive Secretary for Nigerian Institute of Builders (NIOB) for less than six months. Presently, he is into Strategic Business Development Consulting.
Charlean Gbenga David-Oluwole (Oges) loves to play Chess and he is a devout Minister of God now. He is married and blessed with four children; three young ladies and a boy.